Well, I’ve been a little MIA, but I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I did! It was so much fun to watch my daughter this year. Last Christmas she was only 3 months, so it was adorable to see her get excited about her new toys this year. We also got to spend time with all the family, this will go down as a memorable Christmas. Here’s a pic of my baby girl enjoying her silver & pink tree her Grammy put up for her.
Onto bunny news. I’ve been thinking about my resolutions for 2013 and my personal goals and rabbitry goals line up a bit this year. I want to be more organized and productive in my life as well as my rabbitry. Confession time I had a doe deliver a while back, and I lost my notes for the day, so I had no idea who the sire was! Thankfully there were no keepers in the litter. I desperately need to get things more organized, so my life can be more efficient. But specific rabbit goals would be:
– tighten up my line of Dutch. I had line of LDR dutch going and did well with them but noticed a consistent long/ low shoulder problem. So I did some outcrossing. Most notably to Schmall’s Peter and I’ve gotten some fantastic stuff but its time to close back the herd and breed the outcrosses together and build back the LDR line.
– maintain/ improve type on Dutch and cull harder for markings. I’ve noticed 90% of my saddles are bias or wavy and all my checks are square. So I really want focus on rounding those checks and straightening saddles.
– sweepstakes wise I’d like to pass up the 4,000 point mark this year in the tort standings and be Top 3. I’d love to win the tort sweeps but that’s not likely until I can go to a convention (that’s a 2014 goal). I’d also like to be in Top 25 overall standings.
– for my polish I need to let go of some of my proven foundation animals and work on developing my own line more. This is a scary but necessary step this year!
– specifically I need to improve my eyes and ear placement on my polish. I’d like to see bolder eyes and ears on top of the head.
– I’d like to finish Top 5 in one of the variety sweepstakes for 2013.
Lastly, I want to have fun and enjoy the camaraderie of my bunny friends! Here’s to a great 2013, may your nest boxes be full of winners!